Slider D
Slider D 2
Slider D 3
Slider D 4
Slider D 5
previous arrow
next arrow
PV_GoogleAds_1200px x 1200px_1
PV_GoogleAds_1200px x 1200px_2
PV_GoogleAds_1200px x 1200px_3
PV_GoogleAds_1200px x 1200px_4
PV_GoogleAds_1200px x 1200px_5
previous arrow
next arrow

What is plasma?

Plasma is the liquid part of the blood. It is a fluid with special properties and is not influenced by your blood group.

40% of the blood is made up of red and white blood cells, with the remaining 60% consisting of the yellowish blood plasma. Blood plasma is about 92% water and around 7% proteins.

These plasma proteins and the different parts making them up are important for the production of numerous medicines that are integral to the treatmant for many sick people. Plasma cannot be produced artificially.

Some active substances contained in plasma promote blood clotting and ensure that wounds are able to close, while others have the exact opposite effect, inhibiting uncontrolled clotting and thus preventing dangerous blood clots. Still other components are “specialists” in defending the body against viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.

Plasma cannot be produced artificially and the constant demand is steadily increasing.

CONTACT

PLASMAVITA

HEALTHCARE II GMBH

Plasmavita Healthcare II GmbH, based in Vienna, is a modern company specialising in the collection of human blood plasma for further processing into pharmaceuticals.

Plasmavita plays a leading role in the collection of plasma donations and, therefore, in patient care.

FREQUENTLY

ASKED QUESTIONS

Do you have questions about Plasmavita or about plasma donation in general? View our answers here.

For more information, please direct your questions to your local donation centre.

© 2023 PLASMAVITA HEALTHCARE II GMBH      IMPRESSUM       INFORMATIONEN ZUM DATENSCHUTZ

Wir benutzen ausschließlich technisch notwendige Cookies, um die Nutzerfreundlichkeit der Webseite zu verbessen. Durch Ihren Besuch stimmen Sie dem zu.